Arran Arctic (a.k.a. Arran Southall) is a D.I.Y. singer songwriter, musician and artist who has been independently producing and releasing music for almost a decade. When he’s not recording in his home studio, he’s doodling, knitting and generally being creative in any way possible!
Arctic’s musical canon weaves elements together from the folk, pop and electronica genres, featuring a variety of individually layered instruments. Drawing inspiration from artists such as PJ Harvey, King Creosote and Patrick Wolf, every Arran Arctic release endeavours to offer something fresh.
Arran’s music has been described as “thought-provoking”, “engaging” and “spellbinding” by sources as varied as Glasgow’s Daily Record, Song, By Toad and Jim Gellatly.
In equal measures intimate, eerie and touching, follow Arran Arctic wherever the creative Northern winds may take him!
“Quite possibly Northern Ireland’s best kept musical secret”
- Alternative Ulster
- Jim gellatly, Jim gellatly’s New Music Podcast
“One of the most interesting and experimental musicians in Scotland today”
- Alistair Braidwood, Scots Whay Hae!
“His work is too impressive to simply be put on a shelf between other acts”
- Sam Bradley, Dauphin
“Combining multiple genres successfully is no easy feat and rarely done with such apparent ease”
- Ross Barber, Is This Music?
“His songs are both uniquely personal and touching… a prolific and talented songwriter”
- Owain Paciousko, God Is In The TV
“This really is lovely stuff!”
- David, Kowalskiy
Reviews, Blogs, Podcasts & Radio
Arran Arctic has been lucky enough to be featured in the following magazines, webzines, podcasts, blogs and radio shows…
And special mention must be made of:
* Kowalskiy, who has been ridiculously supportive of Arran’s musical output since 2008. Kowalskiy always finds new and interesting ways to blog about music, often allowing Arran the coveted role of “guinea pig”!
* Scots Whay Hae!, who have championed Arran’s music tirelessly over the last couple of years. They even mentioned Arran’s track ‘Interrupt Me’, from In My Hands, as one of the top tracks of 2011, and the track ‘Covers’ from Like Lovers as one of the top tracks of 2012!
* Jock Rock, who consistently report on Arran’s musical output and named Arran’s 5th LP In My Hands as the 6th best Scottish album of 2011, and 6th LP Like Lovers as the 17th best Scottish album of 2012!
I would strongly recommend checking out the above websites as their content is always outstanding.
Contact Arran Arctic For…
Sound / stage setup
Click here to view the Arran Arctic Press Onesheet